Visa® Debit Card
The Visa® Debit Card is an amazing piece of plastic
A debit card with chip technology and cash back rewards
Shop online or in-store with a debit card that helps keep you safe. With the BBVA Visa® Debit Card, issued instantly with your BBVA checking account, you’ll enjoy peace of mind knowing your card is monitored 24/7 for fraudulent activity and backed by Visa Zero Liability.*
Personalized debit card
Customize your Visa® Debit Card with your own photography or artwork, or choose an image from our design gallery.
Cash back rewards
Earn cash back on everyday debit and credit card purchases with Simple Cash Back℠ Rewards. Use Mobile Banking or Online Banking to activate rewards, and start earning today!
Built-in security features
Make purchases in a safer way with safety features including chip card technology, Zero Liability*, and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
- EMV chip card technology helps protect you against fraud at chip-enabled terminals in stores and at ATMs
- Visa Zero Liability* protects you against fraudulent purchases made on your debit card
- 24/7 fraud monitoring services alert you of suspicious activity on your debit card
Card management tools
Access tools to help you manage your debit card and protect yourself against fraud.
- Easily monitor debit card activity whenever wherever with Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- Set up customizable alerts to notify you of debit card activity
- Download our Award-Winning Mobile Banking App to create travel notices, see your CVV, see your ATM or POS limits, turn your card on or off, report your card lost or stolen, request a replacement card, or even change your PIN.
- Report your card lost or stolen any time of the day by calling 1-844-228-2872 to immediately block your card
Use your debit card to make payments easier and faster.
- Swipe your card at grocery stores, gas stations, and restaurants—anywhere Visa® Debit Cards are accepted
- Access cash at BBVA USA ATMs and any ATM around the world displaying the Visa® logo
- Pay bills, transfer money, and more using Online and Mobile Banking
- Create a Visa Checkout® account and shop online without re-entering your card number and shipping details on websites where Visa Checkout® is accepted
- BBVA Visa® Debit Cards are eligible for enrollment in Apple Pay™, Google Pay™, and Samsung Pay™ which allows you to pay retailers directly from your mobile device.
Need help with your Visa® Debit Card? Find easy steps to help you get started and resolve any issues with your debit card:
Change your debit card PIN
We offer 3 convenient ways for you to change your PIN:
- Log into your BBVA Mobile Banking App and select “Change PIN” in the card menu. You will be sent a one-time security code via text message that you will use in the app to verify your identification and change the PIN.
- Contact us at 1-844-228-2872 and follow the prompts to change your PIN.
- Visit a branch location for assistance.
Report a card lost or stolen
Sign into Mobile or Online Banking to report you card lost or stolen, or turn your card on or off it you misplaced it.
You can also use Online Banking to dispute fraudulent transactions.
You may also be interested in:
BBVA Free Checking
Enjoy no monthly Service Charge, plus full-service features, including an award-winning Mobile Banking app that makes it easy to bank on the go.
Manage your money when you want, where you want. Deposit checks, pay bills, transfer money, and more from our award-winning Mobile Banking app.
Frequently asked questions
What is a BBVA Visa® Debit Card?
The BBVA Visa® Debit Card is the most convenient way to access the funds from your checking account. Whether it's making an everyday purchase, or accessing cash at an ATM, it's easy and convenient. All transaction detail is easily tracked using Online Banking or your monthly statements.
How does it differ from a Credit Card?
Unlike Credit Card products where you can accumulate a balance and pay interest, a Debit Card simply deducts purchases automatically from your checking account balance.
How do I get a Debit Card?
If you are a BBVA Customer:
New customer: You will receive a debit card when you open a BBVA checking account. To open a checking account, you may apply online , by phone at 1-844-BBVA USA (1-844-228-2872), or in person at a BBVA branch location .
Expiring debit card: If you’re already a BBVA customer and your debit card is about to expire, you should receive your new debit card in the mail about two weeks before your current card expires.
Lost or damaged debit card: Replacement cards can be ordered by calling 1-844-BBVA USA (1-844-228-2872).
What should I do if I can't remember my PIN? (Personal Identification Number)
Call 1-800-239-5175 to order a new PIN. It could take 7-10 business days for you to receive your PIN in the mail.
How do I make purchases using my Debit Card?
Just swipe your card at any merchant accepting Visa® and enter your PIN or sign for your purchase. It's as easy as that. You may also use your card for online or phone-based purchases by simply following the instructions provided.
What is the difference between 'debit' or 'credit'?
At check out merchants may ask you to select 'debit' or 'credit'. When choosing 'debit', you will have to enter your PIN to complete the transaction. When choosing 'credit', you will sign the receipt. With either choice, your purchase is deducted from your checking account.
How do I check my debit card balance online?
Your debit card balance is the amount of money you have in your checking account. You can check your account balance in several ways, including through Online Banking, Mobile Banking, or by using your debit card at an ATM.
The Posted Balance includes pending deposits, withdrawals, or debit transactions. Your Available Balance is the money in your account available for immediate withdrawal.
Because your debit card draws from your checking account, the amount listed under Posted Balance in the Checking section shows your current balance plus any deposits, withdrawals, or debit transactions that have not yet been added to or subtracted from your Available Balance.
Details you need to make a smart decision
*Visa Zero Liability covers U.S.-issued cards only. Visa Zero Liability does not apply to certain commercial card transactions; PIN transactions not processed by Visa; or ATM transactions not processed by Visa or Plus. Cardholder must notify BBVA promptly of any unauthorized use. Consult BBVA for additional details or visa.com/security. See your Visa Cardholder Agreement for further details.
Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc. Google, the Google logo are trademarks of Google Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc. Samsung, the Samsung logo are trademarks of Samsung Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Samsung Pay is a trademark of Samsung Inc.
Debit cards are subject to approval.