MakeMyCard® for Debit
Designing your card is easy
Why keep your favorite photo confined to a frame? Enjoy seeing it every time you make a purchase with a Visa® Debit Card that’s personalized with an image of your choice! Simply upload your own image, design your own artwork or choose your favorite image from our online gallery. Your BBVA Visa® Debit Card just got personal!
- Image files can be in either .JPEG, .GIF, .PNG, .TIFF or .BMP formats
- The maximum file size is 5 megabytes (Mb)
- The minimum file size is 300 kilobytes (kb)
- Images must be at least 640 x 480 pixels
- Small images will reproduce poorly when printed
- If you increase the scale of your image too much, it may also print poorly
- The bigger the image you choose, the longer it will take to upload
- The time your image takes to upload depends on your own internet connection speed
- If your image is slow to upload, please talk to your own internet access provider for help
- On a typical 56k modem, each 1Mb will take about 3 minutes to upload (This is approximate and depends on your connection speed, which may vary.)
Image and Text Guidelines
BBVA reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted image will be accepted. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner including those images downloaded from the internet. BBVA will not accept images that contain any of the following:
- Any verbiage other than the business name in the text lines on the card;
- Company slogans of any type, whether contained in the image or in the text;
- Trademarks, copyrighted materials, company names, logos, slogans, brands of any third party and any material that could infringe on the copyright or trademark rights of another party;
- Phone numbers, addresses, account numbers, personal identification numbers or URL addresses;
- Celebrities, actors, musicians, sports figures, politicians, cartoon characters or public figures of any kind;
- Material /content demonstrating the views and/or opinions of political groups, religious groups or anti-social or socially unacceptable groups;
- People conducting or involving themselves in criminal or illegal activities or otherwise inappropriate behavior;
- Culturally or socially sensitive material;
- Provocative or derogatory material or images of a sexual nature or containing any sexual content;
- Nudity or semi-nudity;
- Violent or other offensive material, including material that could be perceived as violent;
- Obscene or indecent material, including profanity or obscenities;
- Racial, prejudicial or discriminatory subject matter.
Images that do NOT meet the above guidelines will be rejected and you will be notified by email. You may then submit another image.
BBVA reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a submitted image will be accepted. All images submitted must have the consent of the owner including those images downloaded from the internet. BBVA will not accept images that contain any of the items listed in the Image Guidelines. Images that do NOT meet the Image Guidelines will be rejected and you will be notified by email. You may then submit another image.
Frequently asked questions
What is a Personalized BBVA Visa® Debit Card?
It’s just like a normal debit card, except you get to choose the photo or image that appears on the card. Of course, there are image guidelines, but as long as your image complies with those basic rules, you can create a debit card that’s unique to you.
How do I create a Personalized BBVA Visa® Debit Card?
Just go to the Design Gallery and follow the simple online instructions.
What if I'm not a BBVA customer?
You will need a BBVA checking account with a BBVA Visa® Debit Card in order to use this site to create a personalized card. Learn more about BBVA checking accounts.
Can my joint account holders design their own cards too?
Sure. Every card associated with the account can be personalized by the individual cardholder. However, there is a $10 fee to order a personalized Debit card, unless that fee is waived as a part of a promotion or deposit account type.
What if the image I submit isn't accepted?
We’ll notify you if there’s a problem with the submitted image, and you’ll have the opportunity to submit another photo. In most cases it may be as simple as selecting an image that isn’t trademarked or under copyright. Please review the image guidelines prior to submitting an image. If you are paying to have a personalized BBVA Visa® Debit Card and your image is rejected, you will not be charged unless you resubmit another photo and it is accepted.
Can I change the image on my card?
Sure. And you can do it as often as you like. There is a $10 fee to change your image and have a new card issued.
Does personalizing my card change anything about my account, like my PIN number?
No. Your account, your PIN and everything else will remain the same. The only things that change are how the card looks and the expiration date since it’s based on your card issue date.
Does a personalized BBVA Visa® Debit Card work just like a regular Visa Debit Card?
It works exactly the same.
Details you need to make a smart decision
Debit cards are subject to approval including credit approval
All checking accounts and Debit Cards are subject to approval, which may include credit approval. Personalized Debit Cards have a $10 fee for ordering your card, unless otherwise waived as a part of a promotion or deposit account type. Miscellaneous fees may apply. See branch for details. BBVA USA. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.